Welcome to my website!
I’m a PhD candidate in Communication Arts & Sciences at Penn State.
Research & Teaching:
• Dissertating @ Penn State; anticipated defense January 2018
• Completed MA at Penn State in 2014
• Primary research areas: algorithms & democratic voices
• Secondary areas: tech policy; online identity; video games
• Tech liberation skeptic–not (always) democratizing
• Gadget lover: computers, phones, game consoles, etc
• Public speaking and speech & debate instructor.
• Tech integration whenever possible.
• Nomadic childhood: Florida, Colorado, Illinois
• BA from Ripon College, Ripon, WI 2012; Communication/Politics & Gov
• Living in State College since 2012. Enjoy local culture & nature.
• Indebted to speech and debate. 7 years competition, 5 years coaching
• Sci-fi geek: movies, television, games, comics